Sunday, August 10, 2008

Y'all want some news?

Kia Ora!

I am back! I am 22! I am still tired! My birthday was awesome - went out clubbing in wellington and wore this totally rocking top that my mum made, SO 80's! it is terrific. Then I spent the rest of the weekend and Monday in Wellington with Gareth, Juliet, Nikki, Tobin, Hannah, Chris, Stella, and ME! I got to see the wind turbine - so freaken awesome. I am heading down again on 28th August so will get to hang some more.

Unfortunately a friend of mine from high school, Deon Cowdrey, drowned on Saturday night 2nd August. Really gutted about that, and my heart really goes out to my friends that knew him better. He was definately a good guy. It hasn't really sunked in yet, perhaps because they haven't found the body yet. RIP Deon.

Uhh... now. Great news - Yesterday I got a huge scholarship to study overseas in 2010! It is awesome, I was concerned that I wasn't ready to study next year because I am feeling burnt out, but this way is perfect - I will take next year off to work in Melbourne, and then do one years study in the UK - perhaps Wales or Ireland, or England, or even European France!! SO EXCITING!!

So that's my news, good and bad. I am still sick at the moment, stupid cold has had me off uni for most of the week. I'm all blocked up and have a very sore head/eyes etc. BUT now I can focus on the rest of the semester without worrying about next year OR the year after - I WINNED!!

xx

1 comment:

Miss Awesome said...

WoW! A scholarly ship - way better than normal ships! Go claire!