Friday, November 6, 2009

Guy Fawkes in Wales!

Last night was Guy Fawkes, or as it is more commonly known here, Bonfire Night. Apparently normal people don't buy fireworks here, but go and see fireworks displays instead. I can conclude that Guy Fawkes night is more spectacular here, but less enjoyable if you tend to be pyromania inclined, as I suspect most of NZ youth are (myself included). If you want to see photos of the night, here's a link to my facebook album. It was a good night, with bonfires on the beach and a lot of students around. I did miss dancing around like a lunatic and lighting the whooooole box of fireworks off myself (which is generally what happens when you spend 5th November with just your parents), but the display (which we watched for free!) was fantastic! Afterwards my flatmates and I went to our local pub, inn on the lake, or pub on the pond as we think fits better. Then we came home via Le Cafe - the greasy frypot food outlet that's on campus.
Tomorrow my flatmate Maria and I are going shopping for an evening dress for my Rotary Christmas do, and then Elise and I are meeting for lunch. I am excited, and I will post you pics of what I buy! I hope you all enjoyed Guy Fawkes as much as I did.




No comments: