Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to 2010!

Hello hello hello!

I hope you all had a fantastic Xmas and New Year! I totally did, although it was a lot different from the ones I have in NZ. I missed my friends and family, and I think I can safely say I have experienced my first bout of genuine home sickness :-( Nevertheless, I had a great holiday and ate too much and all that jazz - check out my latest videos on my Rotary blog to see what I was up to and where I went. I would like to say that I visited Stonehenge, and it was amazing. It is such a magical place, and just the feeling I got when I was there was something I will always remember. I would definitely recommend it - it's fairly cheap, at only 6 quid or something like that, and you can walk round at your own pace. Someone had previously told me it was a pile of rocks. It is. But WHY is it there? It's like these massive shaped rocks, all meticulously placed, and it's very old, but no one knows why it was made! Love love love it.
I missed all of you in NZ, I had christmas with 2 other girls which was cosy, but very different from the normal 10-20 odd that are generally hanging round on xmas day for me. I missed New Years in NZ - spending 4-5 days at the beach somewhere, chilling out all day every day on deck chairs, playing soccer or frisbee on the grass or sand, getting sunburnt, swimming, having a bonfire, sleeping in tents, even that gritty feeling you get when you haven't washed your face for a few days because you left your facewash at home! Although I did have a raging night club, and my ears were ringing right through until January 4th so I guess I did have 4-5 days of partying... I guess.
Anyway, I'm right back in it, going to work etc etc boring boring, but am planning a day trip to Cardiff next week and a long weekend to Haverfordwest ASAP - they currently have hazardous driving conditions due to the heavy snow ... HAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling, New Year just isn't the same here either, standing in the rain, cold and standing in the middle of the street watching a clock with no second hand. I mean how are you supposed to count down?? Purhaps though it didn't help having to work at 7am on New Years day. Sounds like you had a good time anyway :)