Monday, April 14, 2008

EPIC WEEKEND

Hey! Hey HEY HEY!

I have had the most amazing weekend. On Friday night I went to see step up 2 (cheesey i know) with my friendy Jenna. On Saturday I volunteered at the Balloons Over Waikato event - i stopped traffic to help people cross the road he he - where the work I did raised money for Camp Quality, an organisation that helps children living with Cancer. Whilst I was doing this, I got a call from my one and only sibling, my brother Gareth. He asked me how I was, what I was up to, and then casually slipped in "Me and Jute are getting married!" !!!!!!! I am SO buzzing about it, my big brother proposed to his long-time girlfriend Juliet. She is amazing, I went to High School with her and she has grown into this person I have a lot of admiration for. Wedding will be next year some time, so I will have to fly back from Melbourne. YAY!!

Saturday night, I went to town with my friends Stella and Alice. That was an AWESOME night.

Many bars, many people. My dress was rather short. My arms are longer than it in fact. But it was very very fun and I felt great in it - I got quite a lot of male attention which was a real confidence booster even though it's really not the kind of attention I want. But I think it is really cool to have a night like that every now and again; I had been getting quite down on myself because even though I'm not the type to bring guys home, everytime I go out all my friends get hit on and I don't. I've been told that I look more like a Ms. Right than a Miss Right Now, and that guys out are looking for the latter. I'm glad I don't appear avaliable to every Tom, Dick, and Harry, but sometimes I wish boys would at least look twice! So I had a fabulous night on Saturday night in my little green dress, and I like to think I managed to maintain my dignity!

Thanks Alice for looking after me on Sunday and Thanks Stella for not fitting the little green dress - I do!!

xxooxx

2 comments:

Kershz said...

i think you should show us a pic of this little green dress claire :)
and you have 2 readers, i read your blog too

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I wanna see the green dressssss!!

Bet you look a hottie in it Clairey.

P.S. I was looking at your 21st pics the other day and you looked hot in that too.

xo