Monday, April 28, 2008

Looooong Day - Perfect Glass of Wine Waiting at the Other End.

I have had a great last few days - got back from Ohope, did some assignments, then a friend from Auckland came and hung out on Friday and Saturday (Blake). We did shopping mainly - opshopping and dress shopping (although the latter was express seeing as Blake is a boy). We also ate burger fuel and fed the ducks by the waikato river. Then Saturday evening i called in to see my brother who was up at a party, and then headed over to kaharoa (by rotorua) to my cousin Matt's 21st - was real good to see him and his parents and sister Jacqui. Totally keen to catch up with them again. After speeches and the yardy (2 minutes, good work Matt!!), I left, getting back to Hamilton at 1am. I called in on brother Gaz, and ended up staying until about 4:30am - met some really cool guys that are in my brothers car club (www.oldschool.co.nz). Then we went to the supermarket to buy breakfast supplies, then home to bed - up at 9am to cook for stupid boys ;) slept Sunday arvo, and then got up this morning to start work again.
So today, i was all ready for the day to be a great one - i had my positive thinking cap on. I was late to work, but on the way there the song "time is on my side" by the Rolling Stones (i think) came on, and it just made me relax. I got to work at 9:59 - i started at 10. an hour or so later, i was exhausted. falling asleep whilst trying to explain the fibre and matrix interface to students. So i spent the rest of the day trying my hardest to stay awake, stay positive, when all i really wanted to do was sleep. I think i pulled it off though - I really feel like the day was pushing to be crap, and I was pushing back just as hard for it to be good. I won! totally enjoying my glass of wine at home now though - i should do this more often :D

No comments: