Thursday, April 3, 2008

big fat bellies and a shortened life

Hey!!

so i did the relay for life last weekend, and it turned out that me, my mum, and a lady liz were practically the only walkers from our team overnight. i was so bloated for some reason, and weirdly, i got worse when i'd been walking - if i had an hour or so off, my belly became slightly less fat ! it was very uncomfortable though, although my mum said i looked pregnant so i'm guessing everyone else thought i was pregnant instead of fat. excellent.

the walk itself was quite emotional, there were these white paper bags that you could buy and decorate with peoples names that had died of cancer, and then put some sand in it with a tea light candle, and these were all spread around the inner line of the walking circle. so as i was walking around, i couldn't help but read "to mummy" and "my dad, my hero" - and outside our tent - "margaret, my lovely wife with the big heart, 27/03/08" - bearing in mind the walk was on the 30/03/06. Each of those bags were for at least one person, many for more. It is amazing how the world works, and it is so difficult to believe that there is some "grand" plan when there are so many people getting their lives cut short for no apparent reason, and so many people losing people they love. I'm all for a little death here and there - makes people stronger, and shit has to happen to make the world go round. BUT families that are being hit by tragedy not once, but two or three times, is just bullshit. Why so much Pain? why does this have to happen?

i don't think anyone, or anything, could ever justify that to me.

No comments: