Monday, June 4, 2018

Only 2 weeks to go!

Well hello interwebs...

It is now week 7 of the 8 week challenge, and we are into the third and final phase - something about fat stripping, high protein high fat?  I don't know.

Anyway - Malaysia!  I went to Malaysia for 3 whole days!  I made the BEST choices.  I knew I wouldn't be working out, but I managed 120 squats every day :)  I knew I would be eating meals out and at random times, but here's what I had the WHOLE time:
Omelette - with vegies in it
Fresh fruits
Salads with raw/smoked/grilled salmon
Salads with chicken
Water
Japanese style spinach/duck
Edamame
I may have had one small wedge of crumbed camembert... but honestly, that was the first day, and I had had 2 boiled eggs at 5am and nothing until dinner, which was a salad.  I didn't plan that well - I meant to eat when I got off the plane at 12:30 but I was just a bit bamboozled and instead went straight into a business meeting.  My favourite was this place called Pokebear, that do Pokebowls - you choose salad, brown rice or white rice, and then a meat, "sides" (such as edamame, carrot, almonds, etc), sauces (I chose avocado and seasame) and some toppings like spring onion, garlic, shallots, etc.  OH MY GOD IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!  I had raw salmon and OM NOM NOM.  Oh golly my mouth is watering thinking about it.

The point is, I made AMAZING choices and I really think I can do this long term.  I think I have changed my lifestyle - I take pleasure in different foods now.  So, I got back on Saturday early morning after a bitterly cold flight (seriously, I knew it would be chilly so took a blazer and a hoodie - NOPE, still froze), and I had asked husby to take out the two lots of meat I needed for lunch and dinner.  Even though I slept that day I managed to get right back into the meal plan, and Sunday I did the grocery shopping and meal prep (it has really helped having Monday as a public holiday, but hey).

The one thing I have been a bit naughty about is my snacks.  On Sunday and Monday (today), I skipped afternoon tea.  On Sunday, husby and I had movie night, so I wanted to have something to nibble on.  I had 3 of the 5 lemon protein balls left over from a snack a few weeks ago, so I had those.  Tonight, I was really hungry at 5pm so I had dinner, then later I was a bit nibbly - I had 1/2 of the chocolate coconut protein balls from last week snacks.  So, not really naughty in terms of calorie intake and sensible choices, but yeah, it's not on the meal plan!  I have found those chocolate balls, they satisfy me as much as chocolate does.  They taste REALLY chocolatey, which is awesome.  They are definitely on the list to be making every weekend after the challenge!

Oh - weigh in was this morning.  I don't know how much I trust the scales, but it appears I've lost more than a kg this week, and body fat % has gone down about 1% too (which is great news, considering I didn't work out much, I figured I would lose muscle).  This brings me in for losing 8.2kg so far - over 6 weeks, I have got to be AMAZINGLY HAPPY with that.

These last 2 weeks are going to be fine - I have done the hard work, the breaking and making of habits, the commitment to exercise, the changing of my thoughts, listening to my body more.  Although, I trust myself more now, so I'll have to be careful I don't ease up on myself because I think I'll make good choices!  I will - but I still want to stick to the plan for the next fortnight.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

No comments: