Monday, May 26, 2008

Sad Bad news.

Good Morning!
Oh poos. Now it is 12pm and am just finishing up checking my emails and checking out 1-day, bebo, and facebook. OH facebook, haven't checked that one!
Anyway, now I'm just heading into my last 2 weeks of semester - so many assignments, many tests, a few presentations... and then a couple of weeks off before my 1 exam. And then it's research research research before back to Uni for my final semester of my degree! :-) Hurray!!
In bad news, I have been neglecting my craftiness - no knitting, no crochet. Actually have written a few poems so I guess that's cool. Just Uni is getting SO busy! so so busy! but not in a bad way, I am okay, the stress is not at breaking point yet!
In gooder news (yes, gooder, like gouda cheese), Luke is coming to stay! Luke is one of my 2 best friends - Stella being the other, with several other close friends! anyway, Luke is moving to the gold coast to live with his parents for a while, and I haven't seen him in ages already, so it is actually quite sad. But he will be arriving not this wednesday but the following one, or thursday, and then I will drive him up to Auckland on the Saturday night and watch him fly out :'(
I am actually going to be quite gutted. But I will deal with that at the time.
Now. Some terrible news. In 2006 I lived at Orchard Park at the University of Waikato - Uni flats. My flatmate was a guy called Benjamin Urry - a 2nd-3rd year accountant from Gisbourne. He was one of most loveliest guys I have ever met - always smiling, always caring. We lived together the entire school year, and have had the odd coffee and christmas card since then, although have not really been close friends. On Tuesday last week his body was found in a river between Napier and Gisbourne. There is not much information yet, but it is said he slipped, fell into the river, and drowned. Because I haven't talked to Ben in awhile, and we weren't all chummy, I am sad, but I am not devastated. The real tragedy is that Ben himself now has no future. He had big plans; he had just started his career in Tauranga, and I don't think he had met anyone to marry yet. He was the kind of guy that everyone just counts on to be there, and he deserved happiness. I am so ANGRY that all of this got stolen from him! And of course, my heart goes out to his parents and brothers. How utterly horrible.
RIP Ben - although your life on Earth was cut short, I hope things are bitch'n where you are. xx

No comments: