Saturday, March 21, 2009

success!

I've gotten myself a job! As an employment consultant at student job search. I had job training today, and I start on Monday. Will be full time-ish for the next couple of weeks and then down to my "normal" hours - 31-2 hours a week. Not my favourite number, but hey, MUCH better than nothing. Hopefully I can get something for the weekends or for the 3 mornings a week I will have free. And unfortunately it's only a short term contract that goes until the end of semester one (June) so I will have to get back into the rat race then.

In other news I have decided to sit another piano exam. It's been a while ... over 8 years in fact. I've just noticed I have less than 6 months left in New Zealand, which is scary and worrying and exciting all in one. Around 5 months to practice pieces and learn scales and arpeggios for a syllabus I haven't even glanced at; 5 and a half months to pay off a chunk of my student loan; 3 months to find another job; and 5 and a half months to organise things in Wales.

Today Swansea (Wales) told me they think I have to pay international rates. Which I can't afford. BooHOo.

xx

1 comment: