Monday, May 14, 2018

Frustrated

You know, I'm starting to realise why they discourage frequent weigh - ins.

I've followed the challenge plan to the letter this week, only disruption is sometimes I don't finish my meals if it is too much for me.  I've been to F45 everyday including Saturday, and I exercised on Sunday too.  I have even started doing 140 squats each morning, and a 30 day planking challenge.  (I put this at the opposite end of the day from my F45 class).  Purchased new scales on Saturday, so have weights from Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning - which is my actual weigh-in day.

If anything, I've put ON weight?!!!  Last week I was 80.1 kg, the readings I have this weekend are 80.3, 80.2, 80.5....  Obviously my scales could be different than the others I have been using, so I am keeping my tracked weight at 80.1kg same as last week.  I did notice my body fat % is 32.2% down from 39.1% at the start of the challenge (3 weeks ago), so I suppose that is very positive.  It is just disheartening that I feel I had a fantastic week, ticking all the boxes on all fronts - sleep, work, exercise, water, meals - and I am absolutely not rewarded for it.

People have said "yeah but muscle weighs more than fat" - this is true, but as I've been lifting weights for a good 18 months now, I don't think that excuse really fits - I can't be building much muscle.  So the last few nights have been full of doubts and temptations - what's the point if it doesn't work??  I am lucky to have a great pal from F45 that is doing the challenge with me, to share my frustrations, and keep me on the straight and narrow.  Thanks Laura :)

My one saving grace is remembering other periods in my life where I have lost weight - I've never been one for the scales, so I am sure I wouldn't have weighed myself more than once every 4 weeks if that - maybe every 6 weeks even!  So, this may be normal for me, I've just never seen it before because I don't check?  With that in mind, Laura and I have agreed to stick to the plan and keep going with the challenge, use the 4 week scan as a good tracking point, see the results at the 8 week scan, and ignore any other measurements that happen throughout.  I guess I just have to trust in the programme and keep going.  Easier said than done!

No comments: