Friday, April 27, 2018

Apparently this blogging is an (almost) daily thing now...

HIIII!!!!!

Here we are at day 5 of the challenge, day 5 of the 56 days - so when today is through that's 8.9% of the way through the challenge.  Hmmmm - I was just doing some quick math (fire in the booth) for fun but when I see it like that, it's pretty amazing!  

Bullet points today.

NEGATIVES (writing them first as I want to end on a positive):
  • having to pee every 10 minutes from all the water I am drinking
    • Am hoping this will dissipate, but from previous experience, I don't think it will
  • peeing aside, having undesirable toilet visits - more frequently and more...  liquidy than I would like.  
    • I am also getting some stomach cramps sometimes, and a weeny bit of indigestion
    • I am pretty much like this in the mornings anyway, it's just prolonged and worse now
    • I am really hoping that this settles down as my body detoxes
  • big breakfasts before the 9:15am F45 session
    • this morning I overslept and had breakfast at 7:45am - rebooked my session for the 4:15pm one
    • have to say though, yesterday had salmon for breakfast about 7:15am and was worried the gym would be sketchy - it was okay!
  • no after dinner snacks - my prime snacking time!
    • a couple of times I have skipped afternoon tea, had an early dinner (5:30-6pm), and had afternoon tea in the evenings around 8:30pm
    • I've now got green tea to use as well
  • STRESSING (prematurely) about going out of the country for 3-4 days in week 6 of the programme - what AM I going to eat?


POSITIVES
  • I seem to be giving more at the gym sessions, or at least being more focused.  I feel more focused anyway!
  • I guess I am learning to cook some new things.  Some of them are pretty tasty.  Some of them, well, lucky I am committed to the meal plan!
  • I am being forced to be organised with meals - which is exactly my past pitfalls.  This week I didn't do any meal prep, but I have plans to do plenty this weekend and perhaps even during the week next week
  • Plenty of time spent on xbox play Elder Scrolls :D
  • Plenty of time with my dog, playing inside and outside
  • I truly believe I am breaking an eating addiction.  The desires to put stuff in my mouth (particularly in the afternoons/evenings) are strong, even when I am full.  I'm shocked that I feel I need to be mentally alert at all times, because I may just find myself in front of the pantry or fridge stuffing my face - basically subconsciously.
  • My anxiety is getting better (well, I feel it has been much worse since deciding to start the challenge on Saturday last week, but it has been getting better each day I think as I prove I am doing it).
  • I'm bloody WINNING!

No comments: