Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day two and counting!

Well it was a fresh morning today as I got up at 5am to take my lovely husband to the airport - it's Fly Out Day.  Of course, I had my warm lemon water, and I have to add that there were minimal tears at the farewell.  Then I went straight up to F45 to catch the 6:45am class - weights today.  I had thought that I don't have to change anything in the studio, but I went hard yesterday and I lifted heavy today, so I must just be putting in the extra effort.  Hope it pays off!

Might be a good place for me to record my "athletic" achievements too - won't make for good reading but gotta put it somewhere:
1)    Flat-bench flys - I'm at 9kg dumbells, but these are a struggle to get the form right and sometimes I am bending my arms too much just to push it up in more of a chest press, and a couple of times I even drop one or both of them when I extend too far back.
2)    Ab roll outs - still can't do these, and my back hurts :(
3)    Upright rows - popping that 20kg, either kettlebell or barbell
4)    Deadlifts - 40kg barbell :)
5)   Flat-bench chest press - 12.5kg dumbells, or sometimes 10kg if it is one handed, incline, time-delayed or pulsed
6)    Overhead shoulder press - 8kg kettlebells (x2) with squat.  9kg dumbells (x2) with bicep curl - just

When I got home I cooked 2 eggs and had them with some salmon and baby spinach - and now it is time for avocado and cucumber.  I am stoked that I don't have to cook lunch or dinner today, it's leftovers!

In the last few days, I have said that this challenge is going to be easy for me.  I was wrong (this is becoming a habit!!)  - I meant that it is SIMPLE for me, all I have to do is follow the instructions.  NOT EASY.  Mel says my body will be going through withdrawals, from the lack of carbs and sugars.  Last night, from  afternoon tea onwards things got really hard.  I just wanted to put food in my mouth!  I definitely wasn't hungry, but I wanted to munch on stuff.  I made it through with a perfect score, proving this is just a mind game.  I can do this.

No comments: