Monday, April 23, 2018

Hello World

Hi!  I didn't die, I just stopped blogging.   Clearly, as 5 years have gone by, some things have changed.  The reason for this new blog post?  Weight loss. Today I started the 8 week challenge with F45, and my trainer, Mel, seems to think it would be good if I blogged about how I feel.  So here goes... 

I was sitting on the fence about whether or not to do the challenge.  I've been coming to F45 for a good 18 months, and I haven't weighed myself in that long, so I have no idea what I weigh.   I know I've put on weight, maybe about 5-6 kg I would guess.  WRONG!  My first ever body scan on Saturday was fine at the time, but as I reflected on it later that day I realised I am now 84kg.  That is almost back to where I was before I discovered HIIT and lost my first bit of weight in the UK.   According to the scan, I have a whopping 18kg to lose to get to my ideal weight of 66.5kg.  Personally, I'd just be happy to get back to that happy range of 70-75kg.  I spent the weekend preparing for the first week of the challenge - grocery shopping, making sure I had an appropriate outfit for the before photos, saving PDF's of the recipes, drinking any open bottles of wine... :D 

Today, it took me half an hour to make the green smoothie for breakfast, but I did it.  I've got my chicken and turkey out ready to cook for lunch and dinner, and I've had my celery and peanut butter morning tea.  I've gone into the studio and I worked my butt off at Pipeline - and I've modelled my "before" body for Mel.  So far, so good.

The overwhelming emotion is fear.  Man, am I scared.  Terrified.  Just of failing, which is stupid because who cares?  I would just try again if that happens.  And I'm set up for success:  I have a good track record, I have good exercise habits, I've got the water and the supplements and everything down - all I need to do is follow the instructions regarding meal plans and I'm golden.  Yet, my stomach is tied up in anxious knots, and I'm close to tears when I take a second to stop and think.

No thinking - just do.  Autopilot :)

No comments: