Monday, April 30, 2018

Happy Monday Everyone!

I am trucking on.  Weekend was good, I managed to get all the shopping done (amidst toilet breaks), and prep 3 different meals for the week.  Broccoli Frittata, Chicken and black rice, and turkey stirfry.  Well, my rice took FOREVER to cook, and my dog Dozer enjoyed the nice meat scraps, but I managed to pull together the meat dishes.  

Where I really shone was the broccoli frittata - firstly, I should have listened to my long-suffering husband and cut the broccoli into small small small pieces.  Next, the recipe said "add the olive oil to the eggs and mix" but failed to mention olive oil in the ingredients list, so I just added a splash.  Then the pan was too large.  Lastly, I trusted my judgement of my gas oven (I always have to leave things in there longer), and overcooked the frittata.

So it's brown, dry, stodgy, and just average. 

Nevertheless, I will eat it, and I will pretend to enjoy it.

Fast forward to today - wake up, lemon warm water, vanilla strawberry breakfast smoothie, and off to the gym.  Varsity class today - and I went hard.  AND THEN I weighed myself - 81.4kg!  I may have been a bit dehydrated because I'd just done a class, but still, that's 2.7kg lost in a week!  After a shower, I had the first portion of the famous broccoli frittata.   Mmmm MMMM!  Just kidding, it was shit.  I ate it though.

We're on track.

No comments: