Monday, March 10, 2008

First public demonstration

well, today i had zero classes seeing as i am a big 3rd year and can be trusted to be "highly self-motivated" and do papers that have no classes. So this semester i am doing a computer paper, a paper on environmental engineering, and a research paper on something of my choice. i'm doing some top secret materials research, and hopefully by the end of the year i will have a nice fat report concluding some cool stuff and MAYBE even a publication to put in a Materials Journal.

AAAAAANYWAY.... today I just had to teach/demonstrate a couple of materials labs for 3 hours, and then i was free. except... being the idiot i am, i left my cellphone charger and all of my medication (that's right, medication - bring on the taunting!), at my parents house (1 hour away) when i visited this weekend. So i had to wait for my mum, who happened to be travelling my way, to bring it round. It was actually really good, we spent the afternoon gathering all of the fruit in my back yard - I've got 3 types of apples, quinces, grapes, and rhubarb, as well as feijoas, mandarins, lemons, grapefruit, oranges, and tangelos to ripen. Good to see it go to a good home though, my flat never gets through it all. In fact, we generally ignore it all until we have garden drinks and need footballs. I have been eating the grapes though, totally loving them.

well - i suppose i should get to the point of this blog yeah? this afternoon, instead of making my mum find her way to her check-up appointment, i took her, and had to sit in the waiting room for 25minutes or so.... perfect opportunity for some knitting! I totally aced my first public knitting display, even though i'm still slow and still have to watch every stitch, AND i dropped the ball of wool under the chair, I managed to get it all together in the end and leave at the end of a row, with my yarn and my knitting under my arm. so proud right now!

Swimming in the morning, can't wait to get back into it :-) ciao xx

1 comment:

Miss Awesome said...

Quinces! I havent had those since i was a wee one. You should make jam. Jam will solve your impending death, if not it will taste good.