Sunday, March 9, 2008

My First Blog EVER!!

Hi! So, my name is Claire and I live in an awesome place called New Zealand. I like apple pie and I like clean lakes. I like music and I like my family.

So I was thinking I need a place to write down all my stuff seeing as I just kick-started my creative side again. Inspired by my brothers girlfriends sister Nikki, I have moved to blogging!!

So I'm thinking of talking about my knitting projects, my crochet projects when I learn to crochet, anything I want to talk about (this happens a lot), and MAYBE, eventually, some of my poetry and possibly even some songs.

Hmmmm. Fun. Right. So there's this really cool website called Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/ which is a knit and crochet community. So at the moment I am knitting a scarf and also a pair of fingerless mittens, both so I can learn how to knit properly. The exciting news of the weekend is that I visited my Nana, and asked her if she had her knitting stuff from when she used to knit. Unfortunately, she had thrown out most of it, but she did still have one small box - only one pair of needles, but quite a few small balls of wool. But the treasure of them all - lots of little squares that she has knitted, which I can now crochet together into a blanket/rug which will serve as excellent lessons to learning to crochet good!!

This weekend was also my mummy's birthday, and so I went to my parents house for Saturday. We had a great roast dinner, and then went out for breakfast on Sunday as well. Then my brother got mugged, and now he has broken bones and we're all ropable about the guys that did it. My brother is cool, why you attack him??!! I will need time to process this :-(

1 comment:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I KNOW! Poor Gaz. He's looking a bit better now.